domenica 25 novembre 2007

youtube

Youtube and enjoy yourself!
I would be mad to remember all my usernames and passwords…so I wrote them in my pocket diary, but if I lose it, it’s a mess!!

This time I am going to write something about
youtube (…surely nothing original since in this English course we are numerous!!).
Until now I have used
youtube to watch music videos I don’t manage to watch on MTV or some interviews or sketches I missed on TV! I have never uploaded personal videos or something about me or my friends, family… (as I am a reserved person, I don’t like to put my life on the web!!).

There you have an embarrassing wealth of options: whatever you are thinking, there you’ll find videos about it. They can be amusing, informative, funny…Any good adjective crosses your mind can be suitable to
youtube…but it can also be dangerous. If you use it badly, you can ruin a person’s reputation or put on the web stuff which is morally blameworthy: journalists and unscrupulous persons upload videos on people’s misfortunes and troubles, crime settings…Horrible…

I consider
youtube a pastime, not a study-tool! …I mean, everything can be helpful to improve your English or to achieve other intellectul aims: you can find videos on conference, lectures, lessons…and other academic or important happenings…but for the time being, I prefer to use other means to better my English (movies, podcasts, books, music…).

And that’s all I have to say about that. (Forrest Gump)

6 commenti:

The Ghellers ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
The Ghellers ha detto...

Hello Roberta!
I must confess that, as you did, I wrote down all my user names and passwords... I do agree with your last observation when you say that you didn't consider YouTube an educational tool. It's amazing how many tools we could exploit in a better way!
stefania

caterina_luison ha detto...

Hi roby,
as you, I've always used YouTube to watch music videos or what my friends publish there...and I didn't know that it can be also a good way to learn a language. But, as you said, I prefer other means..such as books or the podcasts which I learnt to use last week!!!

giovisperotto ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
giovisperotto ha detto...

Hi Roby!
I'm satisfied to read that you enjoyed so much watching the video I posted!
It's really hilarious, I know!
Are you sure you don't appear in YouTube?! Probably a "frined of yours" put a shocking video about you. You'd better have a look!
I'm joking! I hope it's not like this!;)
I agree with you at all when you said that sometimes YouTube is a way to ruin the reputation of someone. Lots of guys put on the net videos of their previous girfriends or of their teachers.
In these cases it's a dangerous tool! But I remark the fact that it can help you in the improvement of a language, above all because it's free!
See you next week!
Giovi

alessia f. ha detto...

Dear Roberta,
I think Youtube.com has great potentialities; the fact is that tools that could be very useful can become dangerous when used improperly; moreover fragile persons can easily be influenced by them. We need some filters.
Best greetings
alessia